Wednesday, March 17, 2010

End Date

At my appointment yesterday the doctor scheduled an induction in case I don't go into labor on my own. I tried to get them to schedule it for a day or two after my due date, but no dice. April 7th I'm scheduled to be induced. 41 weeks and 2 days or 3 weeks from today. I've been trying to convince the baby that she doesn't want to stay in that long, but I'm not holding my breath. She still hasn't moved down, to the point that a nurse taking her heart beat asked if she was breech because her heart beat was so far up. Not breech, just taking her sweet time.

My father is scheduled to be in town for a few days around my due date. I would appreciate it if she arrived before then so I don't have to spend those days repeatedly telling my father he's not allowed to try and induce me on his own. But, if the baby's anything like her mother she'll enjoy aggravating my father for sport so she'll probably arrive the day after he leaves. Our mothers are both scheduled to come after the induction date, so they'll definitely get to meet her.

For the most part I'm still doing ok. I have the normal 85 months pregnant complaints - not sleeping, my back hurts, and I had no idea I could pee this much. This weekend I decided to add a lovely set of bruises to my complaints. I slipped on our front steps (falling down stairs is a talent of mine) and ended up with matching elbow bruises and a "spectacular" bruise on my rear end. The doctor was very impressed with it. I do not recommend this as a way to bring on labor as it did nothing except freak out me and Matt and send us to the hospital for monitoring. Thankfully everything is fine but I certainly freaked out for awhile.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh - sorry to hear about the fall but glad everything's okay. Mostly we're just anxiously waiting....and waiting....and waiting....seriously now - it's time to have this baby. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a picture of that bruise for the baby book. "Look, sweetie, this is from when Mommy tried to shake you out!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mike - I totally agree. I'm so ready to have the baby and be done with the pregnancy. I'm still more excited to meet her than excited to be done, but it's getting closer.

    @Jen - You mean your baby book doesn't have a picture of your mother's rear end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my baby book had that photo, and seeing it has affected my relationship with her. It's hard to see your mom as your mom after you've seen her bruised bare butt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried having Matt sing to her? That might force her out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch Jeff - I hear if you eat Indian food while on a brisk walk backwards singing the Mission Impossible theme song - the baby pops right out. Nah - but wouldn't that be a fun video. Mike

    ReplyDelete